Dedicated to Preserving the Heritage of Clinton County through: education, written & photographed documentation, and preservation of artifacts and oral histories.
Established in 1921
Incorporated on March 19, 1976
June of 1980, the Museum occupied three rooms on the second floor of Old Stoney.
The Historical Museum was established and given a permanent home in 1980. Before Old Stoney, artifacts were housed in the attic of the courthouse and later on the basement level (now first floor where the Commissioners office is now located (2004.)
A major fund raising campaign 1991 for an elevator in Old Stoney.
Caroline Manning Parlor 1998
Ruth Derrick Ruch Memorial Library 1998.
Helen Derrick Smith Woodruff School Room 1998.
January 2004 The Society adds more space for offices and exhibits
July 2004 Donna Harmon is named editor of Historical Notes (newsletter)
July 2004 Joan C. Bohm becomes County Historian
- Postal address
- Clinton County Historical Society Inc. & Historical Museum
- 301 East Clinton Street
- Frankfort, Indiana 46041
- Electronic mail
- Nancy Hart Curator: firstname.lastname@example.org